Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dead Precedence

Underneath it all
Im Yelawolf mixed with the taste of a Jay Gatsby
a library full of empty books to impress a Daisy
I would call upon Doctor Reed,
to scrutinize this absordity of my disease
just wanting the world to see my wealth
even if it affects my own health
and i know that it means more to me
than it does anyone else
Flashin' around dead presidents
has left one with...
Dead Precedence

We are judged by how we appear
and im daunted by all fear
that I miss all obstacles of someone getting near
becasue I dont want them to see what's underneith it all
up close I seem short, but from a distant I may appear tall
and as fashion changes nearly every year
it cost a little dough just to steer clear of all the old gear
while you do your shopping online instead of at a mall
You risk gettin the wrong size as the green from the trees fall
Tryin' to look like the models but the models are photoshopped,
I'm appalled, but as soon as the ball drops
I pump the brakes on the urges that ease my case to stop

I showered around 5 that day
slipped on the 501's
as I got dressed after towel dried me away
with the Michael Kors watch on
Leather shoe boots warmed the feet
underneith were cheap socks that no one could see
Hanes shirt below a Ralph Lauren Polo
I may look the part of a bachelor, but usually riding solo
Just don't let anyone know
that it's all just for show
Please regard me when leavin' this out of the Bio

But this was about her in the end
took her out to eat
along with good conversa-tion
an elegant figure turned my strength to weak
and I think I impressed her with my casualty
a gentleman I'd be, opening the door for her to sit down in the seat
of a flashy car non the less
We drove around town
I was left without a frown
things started to look up as soon as I stopped looking down
and I'm meeting her again in a few days
to meet my friends on new years
Can't wait to hear what they say
And Im back, I found a new way
to approach it all with patience
slowly drinkin' from this Koolaid
It's a new day
Dead Precedence has ceased
cause things are HD when lookin through a blu-ray

No comments:

Post a Comment