Friday, December 30, 2011

A better place

Verse 1:
Once upon a long time ago
I remember watchin' a man out in the field, while he mow
My dad tells me now, that he sees you in me
But I, just dont know what to believe
is it a fragmented fantasy or just, conjoined memories
Or maybe it's to distract him of how it really was, a beautiful catastrophe
Came into the world in '22, by 16 he had a gun
growin up to be a father, with a daughter and a son,
a teenage brother, and for killin others
he was awarded with purple heart galore
got shot for this country, wife left him while he was at war
for another man, doesn't that just make you mad
I think we all take for granite, at everything that we have
I just cant imagine the shit he seen
A real hurt locker, without the movie screen
still fighting battles, sixteen to seventy, night terrors, and bad dreams
I still wonder what it all really means
but he had had enough of it all, and now that time has settled in
We realize how a great man goes out, on his shield, like a true veteran

Chorus:
I'm not ashamed that he took his life
He had the courage to stand and fight
And when doctors took away all his dignity
He realized he lived a quarter trilogy
so he took his gun in hand, and just like trinity
He no longer had to clinch his Jaw, to hide the pain in his face
shot himself right in the temple, and took him to a better place

Verse 2:
I remember before it all happened
He hopped in the truck and went to see all the old places he used to visit
just to grace them with his prescence
All is life he was treated like a peasant,
A good man down with still faith in god, on his last visit to Heaven
He stopped by the lake, where he used to fish everyday
He'd bring home food, and watched us all eat crappie fillet
but not on that day, or better yet night it was
my dad has just left his house, never knew what would come next
I had a soccer game that next day, my dad showed up with no tears left
He didnt' leave a note, except for the will he wrote
on a piece of paper, leavin my dad the land and boat
but that's not all he wrote
and now that he's gone, he hardly had any money to cherish
but no amount of money could bring him back, Rest in Peace he'd parish
he went out on his own, didn't cry for help, yet he was all alone
makes all our problems miniscal, trying to overcome 2 years of pnemon
but he had that Swedish Blood in him, he was fast and tall
from the stories I was told,  He could overcome it all

Chorus:
I'm not ashamed that he took his life
He had the courage to stand and fight
And when doctors took away all his dignity
He realized he lived a quarter trilogy
so he took his gun in hand, and just like trinity
He no longer had to clinch his Jaw, to hide the pain in his face
shot himself right in the temple, and took him to a better place

Verse 3:
Nineteen Eighty Eight, Not sure what to say, mime this government Crime
He's Passin' the torch to me, Sent here to change yalls minds
I tried to seek out a mentor to gain some needed answers
all was left was questions, a denomination of cancerous advancers
Churches tried to tell me suicide, is an unforgivable sin
I say it's like taking a shot on the button, right on the chin
Not layin' down for nothin, layin it all out, not gettin' pinned
But your body was gettin' scrawny and thin,  you found a way to win
He pulled that trigger with no hesitation, and although he swore his declaration
he was fighting for himself, no longer for this alien-nation
You took that pistol and made it whistle and inside you blew
as your head lay down on the pillow case where you resurrected to
A better place, blood spattered walls, you cant erase
the times we had, was never enough time to race
I miss you, grandpa, I truly do
I love my daddy, and he loves you too
So im writin' this in the memory of you

Outro:
I wish you could see me now
and how wealthy your son is,
because as a kid, neither of you were very well off
And I think because of you, he's made sure to give me everything he didn't have
not in spite of you, but out of gratitude of the man you raised
Even as hard as you were on him,
he was hard on me too
And he tells me that you would never believe the kind of cars that I own right now
And if you were still around, and my vette had more than 2 seats
We'd all take one last drive, together
Because no matter how different our lives we're
We all shared a common passion
And I would do anything to see my dad smile to see your smile again

No comments:

Post a Comment