Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Radio

Drivin' ninety nine in a fifty five
Speedin on seventy five, plottin it all by design
Cause if love is blind, I guess im a bit traumatized
So, Foots on the gas a little more
Searchin for a signal to endure
You are my radio

Escaping the town I've only known
The only place I've called home
Never been one to be alone
But I've always done okay on my own
Fear of dying with no one to carve it in stone
But now I'm hitting the open road
To see my radio

Changing stations on the open lanes
Losin reception over dried up plains
FM from AM to PM
From interstates to highways,
Eye spy and Simon says,
All of the songs repeat the same
I miss my radio

Every song reminds me of you
Every lyric and every note
You're like the poetry of an artist
More beautiful with every stroke
And every line of rhymes I hear that resemble you I see
The past in the rearview and the future in front of me
Cause now that you are here, the rest is history
Reminscing on my radio

Never thought I would be
One of the lucky ones
Countless cars and empty fun
Pockets of dollars up in my wallet
I thought my antennae was wearin thin,
Yet you came along to re-start it
Where in the world have you been?
Finally found my radio

Just know I listen to every word you say
Reminence on all the trips we made
Your love for range rovers, and grace potter
One day we can tell our daughters
About all the good times we had,
And our memories will never Fade
Listening to our music,
Keepin' us energetic on the busy freeway
Listening to my radio.

And I'll never change the channel on my radio,
Cause the station is stuck like a lawn knom
Which means its stuck on repeat
Every where I go, and now im no longer alone
So everynight I'll pick up that phone
Just to hear my radio




No comments:

Post a Comment