Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Return

Verse 1:
The kind of man that your fam, would love for you to have
The one that would treat you right, and always give a damn
About all your hopes and dreams, and future plans,
Cause that's the kind of man I am
Your momma and grand mother would love me
Your little sister would tease and hug me
From the advice I'd give her over broken hearts
Lettin' her know there's always time for a new starts
Turn up the radio on her favorite jam
Even though I dont care for Lady Gaga, I'd understand
Sucked up pride and drive her around in a mini van,
Cause it's return of the kind of man I am

Chorus:
Cause I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Im gonna face my demons
I'm manning up, Im gonna hold my ground
I've had enough, I'm so fed up now
Time to put my life back together right now

Verse 2:
Your daddy would respect me
He said, had he ever had a son
I'd grown up to be what he'd want his to be
And he'd like it when I called him dad,
The son he never had,
Cause that's the kind of man I am,
Your daughter would look up to me as a father
Cause I'd show her things no one would have ever taught-her
Outside washin my rides, while she play out in the water
Tell her if she ever find a man he better be ten times hotter,
Than me, cause we, have developed a strong bond as one,
Answerin' door with a shotgun,
Cause how can any man be good enough for little Ann,
It's return of the kind of man I am,

Chorus:
Cause I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Im gonna face my demons
I'm manning up, Im gonna hold my ground
I've had enough, I'm so fed up now
Time to put my life back together right now
Bridge:
I've come up to make it up to you, no more fuckin' around
I've got something to prove to all, man, I feel like I let em down
So please accept my apology, I finally feel like I'm back to normal
Let me formally reintroduce myself to you, and
For those of you who don't know
The new mes back to the old me, and homie I don't show no
Signs of slowin up.........
Verse 3:
Tired of livin' WOW like its a SHAM
Sometimes the days are nights before they ever began
Les-be-honest, I'm stuck in my own Situation,
Stuck in a funky bunch with no sign of Good Vibrations
Life's a wastin', Fire inside's a blazin'
Colder than the hands of them Eskimo Joes,
Pychotic tendencies, some say i've grown a little skitzo
Continously writin' to this tempo
But this slump is something I gotta get out though
Cause you know, I'm always gettin mad,
And takin' out on my own hands
Takin' me back to the man I cant stand,
Damn, Gotta make a final stand,
Wanna be the kind of man that'd tear down the ku klux klan,
Kind of man that'd rebuild the great pryamid outta sand,
Kind of man that'd rewrite the Quran with a crayon,
Kind of man that'd director a movie about you at Cannes
Kind of man that would Silence all the lambs
Just to prove to you, that its...
The Return of the man I am. 




No comments:

Post a Comment