Thursday, October 25, 2012

Take You Away

Well my friend, it's been too long
I can't remember where we went wrong
I made my peace, but I couldnt move on
So I picked up my notebook and wrote this song

Loving you is like a summer's day
You take all of my pain and my stress away
And for all of that, I feel I must say
You are truly beautiful in every single way

And hey, just know that I meant all the good I said
Thoughts of you always come to my head
I take with me all these dreams to bed
Cause I would go any place that you lead, so

I'll be here for a long time, see
I'll be making sure that you're feeling fine
And if you ever feel like it's just not your day
I'll be waiting in the morning just to take you away

But like I said, it's been too long
We said our words, and then you were gone
But when there was nothing left to say
I only wanted to go your way

Joy, you're like the sweetest thing I've ever known
And in your arms is a place I'd like to call home
You're always there even when I feel so alone
And the times when I feel like...

I just feel like the time has never been this right
We could go out tonight, and do everything but fight
So if you'll let me hold you, cause it's really been too long
Joy, I've been waiting all my life
I've been waiting for my breath to be taken away
You, you've got that something that I can't explain,
But as your man, this is what I'll say,

I'll be here for a long time
Yeah, I'll be making sure that you're feeling fine
And if you ever feel like it's just not your day
I'll be waiting in the morning just to take you away

No comments:

Post a Comment