Friday, February 3, 2012

Come home to me


I’m not sure why I cant sleep
All I know right now, is you’re the thing I need
I send this prayer up to the stars so you’ll see
That I just want you to come home to me

What would you say?
If I told you all my secrets
Would you walk away
... Or would you hold on?
I’ll write you many love songs
If you promise our love remains strong


My bitterness has ceased
With all the stormy weather
Not everything gets clean as it gets messy
But we all learn our valuable lessons
Along the way, we stop lookin’
Down into that bottle of 5th , and
That barrel of smith and wesson

And I’m sure its hard for you
It’s hard for me, too
Though I wont make believe
We’ll both get by
Im hoping someday soon we’ll figure out a way
To spend a little time, not saying goodbye
Cause I don’t ever wanna say goodbye
I don’t ever wanna say goodbye
To you

Nothin moves me anymore
I want impatiently for your footsteps, at the door
Cause you’re everything I was looking for
Above all things, you’re what I believe
So please, just come home to me.
Just come home,
Baby, please come home
To me,

No comments:

Post a Comment