Friday, February 3, 2012

Portrait of Perfection

...but at some point I had to choose happiness, I had to make that a priority, over everything. Yes, Im talkin about you, dont worry about me, cause really if all your life is, is a series of meaningless flings, and some idealized vision of our love story, then im really sad for you. Because I know what your capable of. But what if I'm wrong? What if this is it for you? What if you're just destined to sit around and wait for the band to get back together. I guess you're just waiting on a miracle.  A miracle that is no longer going to every amount to anything more than a fantasy.  Because I've moved on.  On to someone else that appreciates me and gets excited about our existence.  It's real.  And you couldnt give me that. 

...and yet, seeing her reminds me of you. Safely saying, I see you in her, which is why im drawn to her. But is that fair? To her? The object of my desires is now loosely based on a false recollection of a past resemblance. Or could there be more to this? More to this illusion than just deceivance? Only time will tell, but I think its safe to say that you're gone, and not re-appearing. Maybe she's the sign I've been looking for, the better version of you that you always wanted me to discover, and for that I thank you for leaving my life and allowing for her to come into it.  It's been a blessing in disguise really. 
...I think it was her smile that did it for me, and everything that came along with it. That soft giggle that just warms the opposing heart, allowing old wounds to die in an instant. It was just one week. One week is all it took for me to know. But I think ill keep that from her for now. She's more than deserving, but am I, thats the question that lingers.  Because I don't know If I can handle the pain of getting hurt again.  Becoming broken, really.  I've been down that road.  And everything from this point only seems like a chance.  A risky one at bet.  Though I have a feeling this one is worth it.  I don't know how I know.  Or how its any different than any other time that I've fell for a girl, but it is.  This time it's different, and im out to make sure of that.  For her sake that is.
...cause it started off as another casualty. I didn't know what it all really meant. Possibly another victim of sobriety, or society for that matter. All I knew was her depiction, as it radiated with exquisite admiration, on my part. It was as if she was staring right at me with those gorgeous earth toned eyes, putting Mona Lisa's smile in exile, redefining art as we know it. I could only envision her elegance at this time. On paper, she was the portrait of perfection. A timeless, goddess like being that fell into my lap. How anyone could have let this go is beyond me at this point. But in this true to life game of lost and never found, I think i've stumbled upon a precious stone, a gem, a lost treasure...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment