Monday, February 6, 2012

Dream Worth Saving

Intro:
I would lie awake, in my bed, all alone
My mind would not shut off,
instead, all the voices inside my head
Throbbed of endless thoughts that needed shed
Until one day I closed my eyes, and
All the noises disappeared,
And I dreamt a dream worth savin'

Verse 1:
You saved me from the darkest place
Been disconnected from every holy place
You saved me from the swamp
Been lied to and shamed
You saved me from all the disgrace
From all the pain
You saved me from me, Mr. two faced

Chorus:
I used to dream about millions
Now all I dream about is you
For you're a dream come true
No matter how cliche,
The dream worth saving, is you..

Verse 2:
Let me tell you about my dreams, lately
They all involve the same girl
shes not dressed up in diamonds and pearls
but when I look into her earth toned eyes,
I see the world, and shes my girl
wrapped up in charisma from the fifties
she'd use the word swell,
well thats nifty, to me
and in my dreams shes reality
and reality is nothing short of a tragedy
if she ain't in my dreams

Chorus:
I used to dream about millions
Now all I dream about is you
For you're a dream come true
No matter how cliche,
The dream worth saving, is you...

Outro:
To seal my dreams,
Could use a kiss goodnight
Surreal it seems, Serenities bright
Regained faith in Trinity, tonight
Falling asleep to the left of you
Waking up right next to you'
Now, thats a dream worth savin'
No cliche, just truth

















No comments:

Post a Comment